Professional Dog Trainer
Become a Dog Trainer for the globally recognized dog training business, Off Leash K9 Training!
As a Dog Trainer with OLK9, you will play a vital role in our dog-training family. You must genuinely be committed and interested in enhancing communication and teamwork between dog and owner while providing a fun (and safe) training environment.
Your job as a dog trainer is not simply to train dogs; you are also an educator to the dog’s family. In addition to training, basic tasks include keeping records, visually documenting training progress, communicating with clients, and more.
- Promote and instruct our complete dog-training curriculum.
- Update Board and Train owners on a daily basis.
- Regularly capturing and posting engaging images and videos for social media.
- Regularly handle large dogs (lift, help into positions, etc).
- Safely and comfortably working hands-on with aggression and anxiety cases.
- Create engaging before/after videos comparable to those seen on our YouTube channel.
- Keep 2+ dogs in your home for our 2-week Board and Train program.
- Safe and Reliable transportation.
- Strong work ethic, reliability, honesty, and a passion for dogs.
- The ability to inspire and motivate yourself and others.
- Computer skills and the ability to utilize Google Drive programs, Facebook, and other common software.
- Camera and computer skills with the ability to capture and edit dog training videos (we teach video editing techniques, but general competency skills are required for long-term success).
- Sales and marketing experience and/or understanding.
- The ability to work during peak traffic periods during week days and weekends.
- A flexible schedule and the ability to chip in when work flow or your local team of trainers needs more help.
- Schedule has a ton of flexibility, all while doing something you love!
- Occasional travel.
- Must be able to attend and pass a 30-day unpaid certification course in Sweetwater, TN, before you will be released to work with clients one-on-one. (Lodging will be provided).
- The right person can earn $50,000 annually to start, earning upwards of $70,000 annually after year one.
- Earning potential varies based on trainer’s personal drive.
- Please follow directions.
- Due to the volume of applications, NO PHONE CALLS.
- For consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
- Your cover letter should detail WHY you want to work for Off Leash K9 Training, with an explanation of how your work experience applies to the work you would do for OLK9, clarifying any experience that may not appear as obviously relevant on your resume.